In the previous posts, I forgot to mention that I’m working on this project with another student, whose name is James. James and I are both seniors in our senior seminar class.
This week we started installing OpenStack. We started by making sure the IP addresses for both servers are static. We are using the university’s DHCP server, so we had to get them to set it statically for us. After that we updated Ubuntu using the two commands below:
apt-get update apt-get upgrade
Then we started installing OpenStack using this doc page: http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/install-guide-ubuntu/
We are currently in the “Environment” section of that doc page. So far we have gotten the OpenStack packages installed and also mariadb installed. We didn’t have time to keep going, so I’ll continue next week.